4.05.2014

BACK, IN LONDON LILAC!

Hellllllo, everyone.

It's been QUITE a while since I've written a blog...
and it may be like this for  while considering my college life is coming to an end, and I'm SWAMPED with papers and exams during April and May. After that I'll be pretty preoccupied with my job teaching little munchkins and being a wedding time manager for one of my student's parent's business.

I've also applied for an internship at Newark Museum.
Wish me luck!

On another note, I've decided on some changes in my life.

1.) Work hard.
[That's ALWAYS #1, considering I want to get out of college on time and deal with real world problems. (sarcasm intended) Hey, we gotta do what we gotta do. That's the motto for this year, as I've been telling everyone and everyone's been telling me.]

2.) Earn money.
[Think about it. In order to get on with our lives, go places, see places, or just to start somewhere. We all need some money, and the only way to earn money... refer to #1.]

3.) Mingle.
[We all need a little connection, a sort of social life, so why not go and mingle. I can tell you that during the time I haven't posted anything on my blog. I've only met 3 new people, and I've only REALLY gotten to know one. It can also never hurt to have more friends. Friends are great supports to have in your life. No one can really live without friends. I can tell you, Dan has learned to be a lot more outgoing after meeting me because I've pushed him to mingle and make connections. I can't say I haven't done the same, but I should probably start.]

4.) Change in appearance.
[I've decided to go crazy for my last year in college. Go out with a BANG, if you know what I mean. I'll get into more detail about that later.]

5.) Express.
[I used to write a ton of originals. Heck, I've posted over 300 YouTube videos of me playing guitar and singing because I had a lot of emotions. I was an emotional wreck. Let's be honest, we were all an emotional wreck at one point in our lives. I've decided, I want to sing more. My friend is an amazing bassist, and I have two friends who are amazing guitarists. Why not... Put a band together? It's the last year for me and my bass friend, why not?]

Which leads me to #6...

6.) WHY NOT?
[Just continue asking yourself. "Why not?" Of course, there WILL be a LOT of things where there are reasonable excuses for you to not do something, like #1 and #2, but sometimes a little spontaneity never hurt anyone.]

So that's what I've decided on for this year. I'll be trying my hardest on getting myself into the real world, and so will a lot of people. I just hope people enjoy my quest to find the place where I belong.

BACK TO #4.................

I... dyed...
MY HAIR!
Yes, I dyed my hair PURPLE. Just kidding.
Or rather, just a little white lie.
I did dye my hair.
However, because my hair is dark brown, the color only REALLY shows with a light source.
I used Vidal Sassoon London Luxe in London Lilac.
I don't really like bleaching my hair because I did that before and it was not attractive in my point of view.
(Blonde just doesn't suit me.)
Plus, my parents would NEVER allow me to dye my hair a bright color for their own reasons, which they are entitled to.

Now, Vidal Sassoon London Luxe in London Lilac gives you two options, root application and whole head application.
In March, I dyed my hair to have an ombre effect starting in the middle.


Looking good right? It gave a pretty cool effect.
[For the record, this picture had no filter. I chose a very nice angle... in a car... and it was bright and sunny outside.]

So, by the end of the month, the color started to fade and I wanted to go bolder.


I ended up doing more than half of my hair...
It's okay though, I'm slowly making my way to the whole head...
There's still about two inches of my hair that hasn't been dyed yet.
My hair also grew out a lot since then.

I know, I know. My hair looks PINK in this picture.
That's the thing. I feel like, in different lighting and for dark brown haired girls like me, the colors change, which I think is pretty cool, and I'm completely satisfied with it.

When you buy the box, it comes with the applicator bottle, the cream mixture, and the conditioner. The conditioner... is heavenly. I love it. When I bleached my hair and dyed it 4 years ago, I wish I knew about this conditioner. It is awesome. It makes my hair silky smooth and so soft as opposed to harsh, dry hair.

I'm considering dying my whole head purple, but we'll see first... on my parent's reaction.

So that's the big change!

I'm back... in London Lilac.

No comments:

Post a Comment