10.04.2014

ANSEES is Back and Raiding Your Feed!

It has been 6 months, and a lot has been happening.
I will most surely break down everything for you.
Thus, commence the raid of ANSEES updates.

I finally graduated college. Never thought I would make it, but it happened.

Naturally, I moved to a different apartment with Dan. These are some cool kids on the block, of whom I snuck a picture of on one of my days off from work.

I also attempted to decorate it, even if it's a 3-month lease starting from September.
This is the entrance, if you can see the door on the bottom right.
You would think it took forever cutting out those dots in different sizes, but I have grown obsessed with Michaels: Arts & Craft store once again.
I splurged and bought 3 different sized hole punchers, as well as 3 different variety packs of cardstock paper.
Punching these holes out took about 40 minutes if you don't take any breaks.
(To make the time pass, I watched some TV shows.)

With my renewed love for arts & crafts (because of how bored I have become on my free time), I also bought packs and packs of tissue paper to create pom pom flowers.
(This one is my favorite.)

These were so fun and easy to make.
However, it did grow frustrating when I tried to separate the layers of tissue paper, and, all of a sudden, it rips a little.
The great thing about that is, don't rip it completely off.
If it's just a little tear, you can mash the surrounding tissue paper with it and give it more texture.

I tried to tape it on the ceiling, but, unfortunately, it wouldn't stick and duct tape ripped off the paint on the ceiling. (That could cost me.)
The reason why these did not stay up was because the bigger pom poms were too heavy to be held up with yarn/wire and scotch/duct tape.
I did notice that the two smaller ones in the green ones (two in the top middle) managed to stay up pretty well.

My advice:
If you're going to hang pom pom flowers, make sure they're size medium and small.

The big ones, I ended up just using scotch tape (because it didn't rip off the paint) on the wall, and they've been staying up for about a week and counting.

If you haven't noticed, I've taken quite a liking to crafts.
For the record, I've always liked arts and crafts, but with school work and personal issues, I didn't have time for it.
Now, crafting is the only thing I have to maintain relaxed.

I have taken up crocheting after seeing my friend make amigurumi (crochet figures).
In order to start slow and learn the stitches, I started off with one pound of yarn and created a circle scarf that I managed to finish this past week.
I started it about a month ago.

(I forced Dan to be my model.)
I chose a circle scarf because the end connects with the beginning, so no one can see how terrible the first 1/5 of it looks. It was the learning section. As the ball of yarn decreased in size, my crocheting for (I think) the half double crochet got better.
I liked how during my breaks at work, I could just watch Netflix and crochet.

Therefore, I started another one with a different stitch (the star stitch).
I think, I am in love with this stitch and the color of the yarn I chose.
I chose the color based on my first pet, but I couldn't find match the color too well.
The texture of the yarn is sooooo soft. It is amazing. The first night I bought it, I almost fell asleep hugging it.

Also, I have accepted a challenge of the old Japanese legend of making 1000 paper cranes.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
This picture was taken 3 weeks ago.
Right now, I am almost done with my first pack of 300 origami papers.

6 months has most definitely been a long time.
I'm separating my posts of updates.
Stay tuned!

(Been playing this a lot. Didn't say I've been winning...

No comments:

Post a Comment